1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on September 23, 2009 through 11:59 pm ET on November 24, 2009, create a video of you (and others if you wish) preparing your favorite recipe including HT Brand items and upload your video to recipecontest.harristeeter.com. Visit the website and complete the contact and personal information in the website registration form. You will create a password, which you will use along with your e-mail address to log back in to the website at any time. You are solely responsible for the security of your password. You should take precautions to keep your password private to prevent any unauthorized use. Neither Sponsor nor any other person or entity will be responsible for any losses, damages or consequences you may suffer due to careless or unauthorized use of a password. Limit one registration account per person. All registrants must check the box saying "I have read and agree to the Official Rules" in order to register. You may then upload your video entry in the fields indicated at any time. Videos may not be longer than 5 minutes and must be less than 100MB and be submitted in one of the following video formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2. By submitting a video entry, you affirm and represent that you have permission from the videographer (if other than entrant) and all parties appearing in the video to submit the video as a contest entry, and that you hereby grant, transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interests in and to the video so that Sponsor has the right to use, not use, display, edit, and create derivative works from the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party. Videos must be uploaded to recipecontest.harristeeter.com by 11:59 pm ET on November 24, 2009 to be eligible for consideration in the contest. Entries will be declared made by the name on the votigo account from which the entry was submitted. Once your video has been reviewed, you will receive an e-mail letting you know if it has been approved or denied. You must complete and submit the registration page in order for your entry to be included in the Contest.
Entry Requirements: All entries must meet the following guidelines:
2. WINNER SELECTION: Throughout the entry period, registered users may visit the recipecontest.harristeeter.com web site and vote for their favorite entries. Each registered user of the site may vote for as many different entries as they want, but each user may only vote once per day for any single entry. For purposes of calculating votes, each day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Additional votes for the same entry in a single day by the same person/e-mail address/ISP address will not be counted. No voting via macro, proxy, or other automated methods is permitted. You may not establish multiple e-mail accounts in order to generate additional votes. Sponsor reserves the right to block voting from any source and to disqualify any entrant suspected to be engaging in such practices, or other practices deemed to be unfair, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
The 20 entries with the highest vote counts will qualify for judging for the grand prize. Sponsor or its designee will judge the 20 qualified entries based upon the following criteria, as demonstrated in the video entry:
Originality of Recipe (35%)
Ease of Recipe Preparation (15%)
Creativity of Video Performance (40%)
Use of Harris Teeter Brand Item(s) (10%)
The voting rank does not play any role in these judging criteria. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the contest.
The entry with the highest score according to these judging criteria will be the Grand Prize winner. The entries with the next three (3) highest scores, based on the same criteria, will be the (3) First Prize winners.
3. GENERAL RULES: Open only to residents of DE, GA, MD, NC, SC, TN, VA, AND D.C., who are 13 years or older as of September 23, 2009, except for employees of Harris Teeter ("Sponsor"), Ruddick Corp., their affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties"), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Each winner will be notified via e-mail and/or mail on or about December 8, 2009, and must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim the prize within five (5) days of the date the notice was sent or prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entry with the next-highest score. If winner is under 13 years of age, as of September 23, 2009, their Affidavit and Release must also be signed by their Parent or Legal Guardian. If any prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements, the prizes will be forfeited in their entirety and awarded to alternates. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail or e-mail. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges.
In the event of a dispute as to identity of an online entrant, entries will be deemed made by the name appearing on the entry. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, undeliverable email, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, telephone, telephone line or other telephone related problems or errors, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If, in the Judges' opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Judges reserve the right to terminate the Contest and determine a winner using all eligible entries received as of the date of termination or to modify the Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Judges.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): One (1) Grand Prize: $2,500 in cash. ARV: $2,500. Three (3) First Prizes: $500 in Harris Teeter gift cards. ARV: $500. Maximum retail value of all prizes is $3,000. Gift cards subject to terms and conditions of Issuer. Limit one prize per person/family/household. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of entrant's submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor, to utilize in perpetuity, and in any manner they see fit, the submission submitted to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such material. Each entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor and/or Sponsor's licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor and that the Contest Entities and their assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to entrant. Each Entrant releases the Contest Entities, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each entrant also grants permission for the Contest Entities to use entrant's name and likeness, for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media, unless prohibited by law.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Harris Teeter, Ruddick Corporation, their affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, and the employees, officers and directors of all such parties assume no responsibility or liability for, and all entrants agree to release and hold them harmless from and against, any damages, injuries, losses, claims or causes of action of any kind arising from participation in this Contest, the operation of this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.